Copy the text below and then paste that into your favorite email application.
James "Jim" Carroll Crawford
June 28, 1925 - July 17, 2015
James Carroll Crawford, died July 17, 2015, at Georgia War Veterans Home in Milledgeville, GA. Jim was preceded in death by siblings, Allen Pruitt Crawford, Robert E. Crawford, Jr., John Frank Crawford, Leon Augustus Crawford, Ruth C. Davis, George Ned Crawford, and Rachael C. Chapman.
Jim was born in Honea Path, June 28, 1925, son of Robert E. and Blanche Pruitt Crawford.
He graduated from the University of South Carolina with a major in journalism. He served in the Army Air Corps during World War II. Mr. Crawford was owner, editor, and publisher of the Guide to Georgia magazine in Atlanta for 40 years. He was a man of diverse talents who had a love for art, opera, theater, sports, horticulture, walking, water skiing, and flying. A man of diverse talents, whose love of art, opera, theater and sports was evident in his publication. He was able to walk through a greenhouse and name all the plants.
He began acting in Atlanta with the Club Follies and later sang in various operatic performances. He enjoyed hunting antiques. He was a member of the 2nd Ponce de Leon Baptist Church, the American Business Club, the Georgia Press Association, the SC Alumni Society, and the Abbeville SC Historical Society.
Services will be at the Crawford Family Plot at Little River Baptist Church, Monday, July 20, 2015 at 10:00 AM in Little River Baptist Church Cemetery with the Rev. Garrett Hart officiating.
Memorials in memory of Jim may be made to Agape Hospice, 575 Old Norcross Road, Suite ABC, Lawrenceville, GA 30046 or to Little River Baptist Church, 2847 Keowee Rd. Honea Path, SC 29654.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the
Service map data © OpenStreetMap contributors